9.27.2007

the Hour No.17: Stars and Stripes




Space out, fall down. Don't get up. Don't get up unless you raise your fists. Or to turn up the volume. Kick your own damn teeth in.

Comrades:
the Fried Abortions- Joel Selvin
Inuit- Katajjait
This Heat- A new Kind of Water
the Incredible String Band- the Eyes of Fate
Vashti Bunyan- Hebridean Sun
the Residents- Picnic Boy
AG Geige- Nach Hause
Shock- Spoiled
Laughing Sky- Take It
Rockfield Chorale- Jingle Jangle
Sons of Sun- Vagrant Elegy
African Head Charge- High Protein Snack
Gang of Four- Guns Before Butter
Vertebrats- Left in the Dark
Electric Prunes- Hey Mr. President
Tully- Follow Me
the Pop Group- Words Disobey Me
Fela Kuti- Ako
Celibate Rifles- 24hrs
Seems Twice- Look at it
Tarts- All the Girls in the World
KSMB- Atom Reggae
DMZ- Busy Man
the Spiders- Dynamite
the Hollies- Look Through any Window
Dead Kennedys- Stars and Stripes of Corruption
John Zorn- the Latin Trip

No comments:

the Al Truistic Guarantee: If I ever play an hour that you are completely 100% familiar with, e-mail me and tell me to do a better fucking job. I will be standing by, dancing to each broadcast as it’s recorded. I promise to never play anything that I think is “allright.” I promise to never play anything anyone wants me to play, unless I feel like it. It has cost me absolutely nothing hours and hours of my precious life to do this, and as far as I know, I’m not stopping anyone from listening to or doing anything else. So listen to this if you want, I do.

Once inside the Hour you may find yourself flummoxed by very divergent sounds. If any of these frighten, unnerve, or excite you, GOOD! Keep listening until they no longer do, and you become a numb, unexcitable shell of a human being like myself.

The PodThreat Netwerk is dedicated to dissemination of musical information regardless of it's place on the regulated spectrum. Good music is good music. Taste is taste, and information is information. No artists were harmed in the production of this podcast. This music appears here out of love and devotion. It's only goal is to celebrate this music, and implant, disseminate, and nurture similar feelings in the listener.