10.28.2007

Al Truistic Hour No.18: Goddamned Music

   






All Hallows Heave! Hurl your lifeless bodies into the bonfire! Blood orgies of the dead. This is the soundtrack to better things. Nicer things that have rounded edges, and minute details. Turn on each other and stop breathing. This is the music of the end of all things.

List of the Damned:

Yes- Your Move/ I've Seen All Good People
Rod Stewart- Maggie May
Mission of Burma- New Nails
the Vandals- Birthday Bash
the Shivvers- Teen Line
Rich White Males- We Ain't No Musicians
Kid606- Woofer Wrecker
Pigface- Hips, Tits, Lips, Power
the Fugs- Ah Sunflower
Bauhaus- Hair of the Dog
Warren Zevon- Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner
Henry Pierre/ Marcel Duchamp- Limonaire
Alien Sex Fiend- Lickin' Ma Bone
the Screamers- the Beat Goes On
the Rolling Stones- 2000 Man
the Fall- How I Wrote Elastic Man
Lake of Dracula- Piss 2
Dead Kennedys- Halloween
Miles Davis- Capricorn\

No comments:

the Al Truistic Guarantee: If I ever play an hour that you are completely 100% familiar with, e-mail me and tell me to do a better fucking job. I will be standing by, dancing to each broadcast as it’s recorded. I promise to never play anything that I think is “allright.” I promise to never play anything anyone wants me to play, unless I feel like it. It has cost me absolutely nothing hours and hours of my precious life to do this, and as far as I know, I’m not stopping anyone from listening to or doing anything else. So listen to this if you want, I do.

Once inside the Hour you may find yourself flummoxed by very divergent sounds. If any of these frighten, unnerve, or excite you, GOOD! Keep listening until they no longer do, and you become a numb, unexcitable shell of a human being like myself.

The PodThreat Netwerk is dedicated to dissemination of musical information regardless of it's place on the regulated spectrum. Good music is good music. Taste is taste, and information is information. No artists were harmed in the production of this podcast. This music appears here out of love and devotion. It's only goal is to celebrate this music, and implant, disseminate, and nurture similar feelings in the listener.